Friday 16 September 2011

Bogged down in Dunedin

Dunedin was cold. In fact, more than that, it was icey. Rain poured down on the bus, turning everything to mud around us. The trucks sank deep into the grass, our boots squelched and filled with water within three steps of being outside and the wind whipped past our ears with a deafening chill.

I wrapped my jacket around me and bolted to the edge of the orange fence, handing over the quickly saturating posters to Hana. I collected the next set and hurriedly clambered over the fence, running for the open door of the little red car. We were heading out marketing as the rest of our sodden teammates set up the big top.

As we drove away, I glanced back, just in time to see Luke crawling through the mud to get under the canvas. I felt so sorry for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment